The Debian Quality Assurance (QA) Team tries to improve the distribution as a whole, not only a specific set of packages. It also serves as a central place for discussion about distribution-wide problems and improvements regarding quality.
Some tasks we are doing/have done:
- Coordination of mass bug filings and transitions
- Tracking of maintainers Missing In Action (MIA)
- Development of tools such as the Debian Package Tracker and the Developer's Packages Overview
- Constantly running systematic checks on the entire archive and publishing the results at piuparts.debian.org and lintian.debian.org. These results are then also displayed in the PTS.
- Mass-bug filing about various problems (of severity important or higher), either detected by piuparts/lintian or by rebuilding the whole archive
- Emergency maintenance of orphaned packages
Most of the interesting stuff is on the qa.debian.org Wiki pages.
If you are interested, don't hesitate to join us, whether you are a Debian Developer or not. There's stuff to do for everybody!