: VCS has seen 1 commit since the debian/1.13.18-2 tag
- Git: https://salsa.debian.org/utopia-team/dbus.git -b debian/experimental
- Branch: debian/experimental
- Path: debian/changelog
- Browser: https://salsa.debian.org/utopia-team/dbus
- Last scan: 2021-06-20 06:51:06+00
- Next scan: 2021-06-28 17:33:00+00
- Merge requests: 2
- CI pipeline status: success
- Debian changelog in Git:
dbus (1.13.18-2) experimental; urgency=medium
[ Luca Boccassi ]
* Split tools and configs into -bin and -common packages.
User creation also moves to dbus-common. This is useful for
other D-Bus implementations like dbus-broker.
[ Simon McVittie ]
* Split dbus-common into -session-bus-common and -system-bus-common.
This allows us to install the integration files for session services
without having to create the messagebus user or run a system bus,
which is useful for CI environments that will run
session-service-dependent unit tests in a container where a system bus
is not necessary or desired, particularly in situations where creating
new uids can be problematic such as unprivileged containers.
* dbus: Provide a default-dbus-system-bus virtual package.
This allows us to signal what the default implementation of
dbus-system-bus is, even when other implementations like dbus-broker
also provide the dbus-system-bus virtual package.
* Move dbus-daemon, dbus-run-session and creation of
/var/lib/dbus/machine-id to a new dbus-daemon package.
This decouples the system integration for the well-known system bus
(still in the dbus package) from the dbus-daemon. This means that
packages that merely want to run a dbus-daemon in a small container
or chroot (for example to run integration tests or provide a minimal
session bus environment) do not need to pull in adduser, an init system,
or the setuid helper used to implement traditional activation.
dbus remains Priority: standard, because the majority of systems benefit
from having a working D-Bus system bus (in particular to communicate
* d/watch: Watch for any archive extension.
Upstream releases switched from tar.gz to tar.xz for the 1.13.x branch.
* dbus-tests: Silence Lintian warnings for breakout-link
* Remove unnecessary Readme.txt from sha1 test data.
This causes Lintian warnings because it isn't UTF-8, and it isn't
* Silence more Lintian tags for D-Bus vs. dbus in package descriptions.
We're careful to say D-Bus when we mean the protocol, and dbus when we
mean the reference implementation of the protocol.
* Standards-Version: 4.5.1 (no changes required)
-- Simon McVittie <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 17 Feb 2021 21:38:53 +0000
- This branch is 1 commit ahead of tag debian/1.13.18-2
- Git log:
Author: Simon McVittie <email@example.com>
Date: Sun Feb 21 13:29:30 2021 +0000
Remove note to ftp team from changelog