: VCS has seen 1 commit since the debian/41.0 tag
- Git: https://salsa.debian.org/emacsen-team/emacs-goodies-el.git
- Branch: master
- Path: debian/changelog
- Browser: https://salsa.debian.org/emacsen-team/emacs-goodies-el
- Last scan: 2018-09-21 13:56:24+00
- Next scan: 2018-09-22 16:15:00+00
- Debian changelog in Git:
emacs-goodies-el (41.0) unstable; urgency=medium
- Change state of tc.el from dropped to transitioned (See Bug #904863).
Thanks to Gijs Hillenius for investigating how Gnus provides
- Harmonize the style used for new tips and comments.
- Update the state of various packages which were dropped years ago.
* Promote all existing Recommends: elpa-package to Depends.
Thanks to Sean Whitton for advocating for this change (See Bug #905578).
* Add elpa-mutt-alias to Recommends, because it has not yet passed
through the NEW queue, and correct README.Debian to note that it
was elpafied and not dropped.
* Drop all.el, which has not been updated since 2012; this package exists
on GNU ELPA, so it might be a candidate for elpafication
(See Bug #905088).
* Drop twiddle.el, which does not appear to be maintained outside of
emacs-goodies-el, nor to have been updated since 2003 (Closes: #905088).
* Drop tld.el. RFP Bug for elpafication is #907284.
* Drop dir-locals.el. While this package is still available on Dave
Love's website, it has not been updated since 2006, has not been
merged into GNU Emacs despite attribution to the FSF, and most people
use the more flexible but more difficult to use ".dir-locals.el"
provided by GNU Emacs built-in files.el. Dropping dir-locals.el has
the potential to inconvenience those who make extensive use of
".emacs-locals" files, and these users would probably appreciate it if
someone stepped forward to maintain this package (See Bug #905088).
* Drop xrdb-mode.el (See Bug #902749). This package exists on
Launchpad, but has not been updated since 2009. Any functionality
xrdb-mode provides that isn't already provided by GNU Emacs built-in
'conf-mode' should probably be merged into conf-mode.el. Without
xrdb-mode, GNU Emacs opens these files using conf-xdefaults-mode.
Bug #902749 is also the RFP bug, should someone want to adopt it.
* Drop muttrc-mode.el, whose elpafication is planned pending adoption
by a new upstream maintainer (See Bug #904810).
-- Nicholas D Steeves <email@example.com> Wed, 12 Sep 2018 21:48:23 -0400
- This branch is 1 commit ahead of tag debian/41.0
- Git log:
Author: Nicholas D Steeves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed Sep 12 23:05:32 2018 -0400
Fix typos in changelog